Visiting Nurses Home Care needs Personal Care Aides (PCAs) throughout its service area.
A PCA works under the supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse. He/she is responsible for assisting patients with non-medical personal care and home management activities (within the limits of the patient’s condition.) The PCA provides the services outlined in the client’s care plan. Job functions may include:
- Making and changing beds
- Light household cleaning
- Laundry, including necessary ironing and mending
- Payment of bills and other essential errands
- Bathing of the client in the bed, the tub, or the shower
- Dressing and grooming
- Toileting, which may include assisting the client on and off the bedpan, commode or toilet
- Assistance with durable medical equipment
- Walking and transferring from bed to chair or wheelchair
- Preparing meals
- Assisting with self-administration of medications and medication reminders
- Providing routine skin care
We have full- and part-time opportunities, all days and shifts available for experienced, certified PCAs.